Friday, June 25, 2010

Don't sweat the small things

So it's Friday and it's been a rollercoaster of a day. For the last week i've been waiting on today to get my new bike (yes i'm finally getting a new bike) and today arrives and the bike store let me down. After getting my hopes up only to be shot down, I finally reeled myself in. I mean, my best friend is dealing with her grandfather being in the hospital and i'm thinking about a bike - Ding! welcome back perspective. I also took the time today to read a race report from Ironman Wisconsin from 2005 when it rained all day and the temps were in the 50's. Yeah that definitely was what I needed to let me know without sacrifice and determination, I won't make it to the finish line. So now I go on my second century in as many weeks on my faithful roadie with no bitching. I should be thankful I even have a bike period.

My training this week has been okay but I did take Wednesday off from running and biking to give my legs a chance to recover after last weekend. Spent some time doing swim drills Wednesday trying to get stronger. I am definitely getting closer to reaching my goal. After Thursday's Buckhead Bellyache ride I upped the brick mileage to 4 miles, in the next couple of weeks I plan on getting that to 6 or 7. Bricks, I feel, are definitely underestimated in my current circle of friends/training mates. As we get scarily closer to September I want this now as much as I wanted it before. It's crazy how far i've come yet how much farther I have to go in such a short time. There is a slight chance I may get to Wisconsin before September to see the hellish bike course, the jury is still out on that though.

Sunday I give back to the triathlon community by voluncheering at the Iron girl triathlon. Good luck to all my friends racing. See you on the course. I hope everyone else is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment