Wednesday, February 3, 2010

If you're sick and you know it clap your hands

I don't feel well and I really want to do some kind exercise and making myself not do something is rediculously hard. I haven't gone to any classes on lunch because I sound like Tone Loc's bastard child. I looked online and it said swimming while congested is good so I did do that Monday. It sucked and I was freezing the entire time in the water.

Tuesday I woke up feeling like complete crap. I couldn't get up, my body was completely beat - either somebody kicked my ass in my sleep or a break was really needed. I finally made it to work around 12 and started to feel a little better. I went to Dr. Nik and he exclaimed he's been suffering from the same thing I have. The evil post nasal drip that has developed into a monster. Makes me believe he gave it to me but no pointing fingers. Not running Tuesday was super hard, in fact I had to leave my running clothes at home so I wouldn't do it. Turns out I wish I would have brought them so I could have went to Bikram, but it didn't happen. I did go and hang out with the group for dinner. That is by far my favorite part of the Tuesday Night Run, I don't know if I should let myself experience the dinner without the run could be a dangerous precedent. Not really, i'm dying for the warm weather to get here and the outside training to pick up. The doctor showed me some exercises I can do at the gym, but to be honest I want to be outside without layers not coop up in the gym. I'm ready to unhook the bike from the Trainer.

Wednesday I tried to go to a spin class and I thought I was going to die. I should have just quit like somebody with the initials BR, but I pushed through. I'm 100% team JR this year :-) I hope General Beauregard Lee (Georgia's ground hog) was correct and spring is on the way because i'm ready. Well not quite but this sickness can't stick around for too much longer. Wisconsin, you ready?

2 comments: