Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On the rocks ...

So, I’m in this new relationship with Running. From the beginning I thought it would be best if we started out slow. After six months seems like things were/are starting to pick up, but there is always hiccups and bumps in the road. Strangely the up-hills are better than the down-hills, and the flats never seem to last. Then there is Tuesday and the infamous MFHP. As I sit here hurting all over, I don’t know if our foundation was strong enough for this yet. I even managed to get loss and shave off half a mile, yet we still couldn't reconcile things. Maybe it was I was little over-confident after Stone Mountain, or all the times I should have been pushing the pace yet I coasted were coming back to haunt me. Either way Running and I are back on the rocks and I realize there is a lot of work to be done if this is meant to last. I’m pretty sure there is something to be salvage after Tuesday, but I know it’s going to take time and a lot of work. Who knows what will happen when Swimming and Biking come back in the picture … I’m determined to make this relationship work. Here is to praying Wisconsin is flat or at least doesn’t resemble MFHP.

1 comment:

  1. That was also my first run-in with MFHP. Don't worry, I don't think any races we'll do have anything on that route...otherwise, no one would sign up for them!

    Keep pushing it. Running is a fickle friend, but the more time you spend with her the more you'll be able to tolerate her.

    ReplyDelete