Friday, April 2, 2010

In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb

Wow, time is really flying by especially now that the warm weather is finally here. Last weekend I had a blast with friends for my birthday. Celebrating 21 never gets old, in fact I think i'm going to keep doing it until someone is calling me dad or i'm married and it gets vetoed (hopefully i'm married before any kids - there is a chance the wife may be cool with it so both are valid.) I'm a firm believer in "you're only as old as you think you are." I really appreciate everyone who played a part in my weekend I truly had a good time. Oh I also have this jewel to tape to my handlebars at Wisconsin.
This is my little brother Chad in a tri suit that doesn't belong to him. If this can't get me through a Ironman bike ride, I don't know what can.

Well with Monday came the official "i'm not going to miss anymore workouts my life is completely devoted to being a finisher at Ironman Wisconsin" mode. Should be a interesting yet fun journey. I think mother nature was on the same schedule because since Monday the weather has been pretty nice. Also after my Tuesday night run, which I struggled a little bit with but decent overall, I went in to see the Chiro and I haven't felt this good since last year. Went out to test my legs Thursday and ran 4 miles at a 8:17 pace (great for me) and didn't feel like I was pushing - talk about a confidence boost. Hopefully things are looking up from here on out. May 8th is my first big race. A half ironman which is a new distance for me. So I hope April takes it's time.
You can tell tri season is here, all of the triathlete blogs on my reader are updatting less and less. Hopefully I will have internet this weekend and can recap my week on Sunday. Not that anyone reads this or cares - but yeah. If you do read I hope Chad brought a smile to your face (yes that is a star wars tattoo - he puts the C in cool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment