Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 1 is in the books

What a week it has been. With the nice weather came a huge increase in volume with the workouts. Nothing to complain about .... yet though. I am going to do my best not to complain about the heat, lord knows I don't like running or biking in the cold, so I'm going to embrace the heat- let's see how long this last. Last weekend was a great way to lead into the triathlon season winter left with a bang, now it's time to work. First race looks like it may be April 24th, a short sprint. The first real test will be May 8th with a Half Ironman distance race and i'm not prepared for it at all. Let's hope I can prepare in a month - don't plan on dying in Panama City.

This week the training looked like this
  • Monday - 50 mins Yoga on lunch; Hour and a half Bikram Yoga in the evening (great for hangovers)
  • Tuesday - Pilates on lunch; TNR 7.1 miles @1:03
  • Wednesday - Morning swim 1600M; Weights on lunch; Hour on the trainer in the evening
  • Thursday - 3.92mile run @ :33 on lunch; Cycling Hill repeats 12 miles
  • Friday - 1200 meter swim (fail) endurance swim
  • Saturday - 12 mile run @ 1:55
  • Sunday - 52 mile long ride @ 3:06, Brick run .85 mile run (IT band not participating)
That's 89 miles for the week, it will be nice to see this number increase as the year goes along.

I went to the bike shop hoping to order a Tri Bike, and they weren't taking orders on the model I wanted. This was definitely a low moment of my weekend. I really like this particular bike shop because it's small and I know the owners, and they look out for me, so I really hope I get to order the bike from them. Hopefully I will hear something from them in the next couple of days and we can get the bike ordered. It would be nice to do the May 8th triathlon on my new bike. Lord knows I need as much saddle time as I can possibly get (on a new bike or my current one.) Easter came and I got to break my fast of Little Debbie's and Ramen. Welcome back to my diet deliciousness.

Week 2 Let's Go. 161 days til Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment