Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Debbie it's not you ... it's me

Well it's the middle of the week and so far so good. Attitude has been good, and i'm very optimistic about about working with Dr. Nik and my health going forward. There is one thing that I need to change and that's my diet. I have been pretty much eating whatever I have wanted to of late, and I have to say I feel like it. So rationalizing my diet with my lunch workouts ends today. To be clear though, a diet for me doesn't mean I can't have something, focuses more on quantity and timing. 2 hotdogs is probably enough, don't need to buy Little Debbies every time you buy bread they aren't related - just those types of things.

So far this week my exercising has looked like this
  • Monday- Celebrating MLK day and Doctor in the evening
  • Tuesday- Pilates on lunch, TNR 7 miles at 10 pace (Jody beat me by 11 minutes- more on this later)
  • Wednesday- Abs class on lunch (the lady who led this class was the most intense teacher I have ever seen - she won't break me though)
I haven't mentioned Jody before so I will give some insight on my rivalry with her. Jody is my friend and clubmate who started pretty close to my ability level (she has always been a better runner) so naturally I picked her as someone to keep up with and even best. I like to use angry words to describe our rivalry, but in all honesty losing to her isn't the worst thing that can happen - though I do aim to beat her. I mean i'd give her my last GU and i'm sure she would do the same. There will be trash talking though(something I do much better than running.) Last year we competed at an Olympic Tri and I lost (swallows pride,) so this year we are having a rematch at the Chattanooga Riverfront Tri. Judging by the Tuesday night times I have a lot of work to do.

Which leads me to this. It's about time for me to buy some new shoes and i'm considering some Newtons (so expensive) and the Nike Lunaracers. If you have used either of the two what feedback would you give?

2 comments:

  1. omfg. i tried my first pair of newtons last august. and i am NEVER (ever ever ever) going to run in any other kind of shoes now. i LOVEEE my newtons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's so good about the newtons im curious

    ReplyDelete