Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New years

I've been a little missing in action. I blame it on me battling some sickness and actually working out when not battling. After a quick trip to Chicago to visit some of my favorites and also to celebrate New Years with one of my best friends, but now I'm excited to be training with a purpose again. Now I pray for health and discipline. Also thanks to Frayed Laces I won some new Earbuds. Who doesn't like free stuff. I've come up with a preliminary schedule of races for this year.

  • Red Top Mountain Trail Race 9 Miles*
  • ING Atlanta Marathon March 21st *
  • John Tanner Sprint Triathlon April 24th
  • Gulf Coast Triathlon (Half Iron Distance) May 8th*
  • Macon Rock and Roll Triathlon (Half Iron Distance) June 24th
  • Chattanooga Waterfront Tri (Olympic) July 11th
  • Ironman Wisconsin * Sept 12th (*registered already)
  • A lot of Century Rides littered in between (I hate Century rides)
They way it's looking I'll have a race every month except August, the way I like it, helping the training not become monotonous. Also, giving me a few chances to get better before my rematch with Jody in Chattanooga - she's going down this year 4 The U! Later I should have a good idea of some time goals for these races - i'll update it at some point during the year.

I felt great starting off the week but after a frigid 7 miles Tuesday night this week ended up being pretty light.
  • Monday 800m swim (cut short by a meeting)
  • Tuesday Night Run 7 miles
  • Wednesday fighting death
  • Thursday 4 Intervals 1:30 at 8:34 min/miles with 1:30 recovery @ 10:00 - 3 @8:12 with recovery and circuit workout
  • Friday rest
  • Saturday hopefully some miles
I went out and bought a mask to hopefully fight the cold air. I can't afford to not be running with a Marathon looming in about 10 weeks. I can't really decide if it was the cold air or sitting on a airplane with sick people that has me a little damaged. This morning in Georgia I woke up to this. I didn't like it nor did the Green Machine. Sliding into to work is not fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment