Monday, January 18, 2010

Long Weekend = no Long Run

I haven't been much on updating the blog lately. I think the idea of the looming season and continuous exercising has me sort of in a "i'll slack now and hopefully it will work itself out" mode. Which is crap. Nothing comes to a man asleep but dreams. So now I'm going to make a conscience effort to up the ante now, rather than wait til later. I can always experiment with hotdog ingredients later.

Last Sunday I went on a cross country ski/run on the snow covered Silver Comet Trail. On Monday I did Yoga on lunch, went to the pool to swim after work but the pool was closed. Tuesday, Pilates on lunch and a 7 mile Tuesday night run. On Wednesday I hit a low point during week, after work I felt like shit and really had no desire to do anything though I talked myself into going on a very short swim. Followed by a spin class that I quit in the middle of. Thursday, Pilates on lunch and 2.5 miles on the treadmill after work. I intended on going longer on the treadmill but I had really good tickets to the hockey game so me and couple of friends checked that out. Friday, Yoga on lunch. I didn't do anything else til a 2 hour Trainer ride on Sunday. This wasn't the kind of weekend that will help me on my endeavor to become an Ironman and that's not acceptable - thankfully this isn't May. I probably should have done the Hogpen Hill climb considering I had a long run of zero this weekend. It's getting more and more inevitable that I will be running the half marathon.

Today I went to First Choice Healthcare, a Chiropractic clinic specializing in athletic injuries, and I have to say I was impressed after the first visit. The stigma I had in mind about Chiropractic services was wrong I must say. I also felt good seeing the other athletes there, most look to be better athletes than me. So for about a month i'm going to go to the clinic a couple of times a week to see if it doesn't help my ailments. I'm encouraged from it today so that is always a good start. Thanks for the encouraging words from all who offered.

2 comments: