Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh when the Saints

This has been a pretty good week. While i'm not in the best shape, i'm confident that I will be a lot closer soon, and the desire inside of me to get there is getting bigger. When I think about what has lit the fire under me (I feel like i've done a lot this week but I didn't touch a pool at all hmm) I can't really come up with one thing. Some of the things I did come up with is visiting Dr. Nik and seeing instant results along with my fellow TNR buddies treating me like the red headed step child for not making weekend runs. Well, not only did I make the weekend run this week (10.1 miles, I had it at 1:29 while someone else had it at 1:38- so somewhere in between was my time), I also woke up early and went to the gym Thursday before work (i'm so proud of this) and ran a few miles on the treadmill with intervals. Sounds like i'm cooking with gas, just kidding I won't get ahead of myself - but the future does look bright. I also picked up some new shoes, that I ran in today, that I have to get much faster to pull off (at least thats what the fast people said.)These shoes are cool, though they have a smaller toe box than I'm used to and I have a blister to show for it. Maybe just maybe i'll be lucky enough for Newtons soon (fingers crossed-wallet empty.)

I'm really looking forward to going to the doctor next week continuing treatment. Before I went to the doctor, I couldn't do a one legged squat on my right leg, and hadn't been able to since I had my achilles cut in 2004. In just a week I can almost do a one legged squat, it's shaky but it's an improvement. The sky is the limit it seems when I think about the possibility of having both legs in complete working order. It makes you think how did I make it this far already, I have asked myself the same thing, but if you have ever ran with me you could hear it in the sound of my left foot hitting the ground and I never had a answer.

Also I bought some Sugoi recovery leg sleeves today. I have heard good things about recovery sleeves from a lot of people, I hope I will be saying some positive things soon. Here's to next week being like this one (sans MLK of course), and the Saints making the Super Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment